The deadline to submit an application is Monday, March 30, 2020
The Connecticut Office of the Arts (COA) is currently accepting applications from individuals who are interested in an intern/apprenticeship through the Arts Workforce Initiative (AWI).AWI is a paid intern/apprenticeship program that provides Connecticut college students, emerging creatives and military veterans an opportunity to gain high-level professional work experience with non-profit arts and cultural organizations throughout the state.
- be a Connecticut resident;
- have availability to successfully complete the program (intern/apprenticeships take place between June – September 2020);
- have experience in or wish to grow professionally in the following categories: arts administration, arts presenting/curating, media arts, performing arts, visual arts, arts education, and literary arts; and
- be enrolled in or a recent graduate from an accredited college or university OR be an emerging creative professional OR a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Notification of selections will take place the week of April 6, 2020.
- Selected individuals are required to attend professional development training session(s) that will take place in May 2020.
- The intern/apprenticeship will take place between June – September 2020.
- Individuals placed with a host organization must complete a total of 250 hours.
- Selected individuals will determine a work schedule with the host organization.
- Rate of pay is $15 per hour. Selected individuals will be paid directly by the host organization where intern/apprenticeship will take place.
- Selected individuals will be required to submit a final report upon completion of intern/apprenticeship.