Get Help Using Our Virtual Advising Commons!

We have moved all academic and career advising online! We are still offering the exact same services and the exact same hours as before. You’ll have the option for virtual “walk-in” hours for academic and career questions with our Consultants and Peer Advisors, and you’ll still be able to make virtual appointments for one-on-one guidance with the Director of Career Development, just as always.

How does it work? It’s easy!

• For “walk-in” hours, check out the list of available days and times below.
    • When you want to chat with an advisor, click the link that corresponds to the current day and time and the link will open up a constantly running live Zoom meeting.
    • You will temporarily go into the “waiting room” until an advisor is ready to speak with you (this will likely be only a minute or two but may be up to 10-15 minutes if they are assisting another student).
    • When an advisor is free they will admit you to the room and you’ll be face to face with our advisor for a quick conversation!

If you have never used Zoom before, check out these two great one-minute tutorials on how to get started: View this one minute tutorial and this one as well.  You may also want to download the desktop/phone apps which you can find, along with additional tutorials, here:

Virtual Walk-in Hours – Spring 2020

(The hours below are tied to individual advisors whose shifts sometimes overlap. Choose any link that includes the current time when you are ready to ask a question. All times Eastern Standard Time)

Monday: 9:00am-11:30am  and  11:30am-4:00pm

Tuesday: 9:00am-10:30am,  10:00am-12:30pm  and 12:30pm-5:00pm

Wednesday: 9:00am-12:00pm,  12:00pm-2:30pm,  2:00pm-4:30pm

Thursday: 9:00am-11:00am,  10:00am-1:00pm,  1:00pm-5:00pm

Friday: 9:00am-12:00pm,  12:00pm-2:00pm,  1:00-3:00pm,  1:30pm-5:00pm

Do you need to meet directly with Rick DelVecchio, director of career development? Make an appointment for a Zoom call!
Just have a quick question and need to talk with me right now? If I’m not working with another student, I may be free for a live chat via Zoom. You’ll need the Zoom app on your phone or computer. Sign in using your QU credentials, click on Chat, and search for me by name to start a chat. If I’m free we can talk right now! I’m generally available Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm

By CAS360
CAS360 CAS360