**Open to students of all academic backgrounds**
The All of Us Research Program (AoURP) is an NIH funded national initiative that seeks to enroll one million people living in the United States in a 10-year longitudinal study and takes into account an individual’s variability in genes, environment, and lifestyle. The goal of the program is to help researchers learn more about the different factors affecting people’s health. The program will generate new data and tools for researchers. Their discoveries may lead to more personalized care and treatments. The Community Health Center, Inc. was awarded a grant to be part of the Health Provider Organizations that enroll patients into the program. CHCI is seeking a Participant Experience Lead (PEL) who will be responsible for promoting, inspiring, and retaining volunteer participation in the program. The PEL will work under the supervision of the PI and Deputy PI for the program.
They will serve as the main point of contact for program outreach activities, collaborating with the CHC All of Us team. The PEL will develop and coordinate outreach, engagement, and retention strategies to best reach and serve participants at the Community Health Center, Inc. The PEL will work closely with research coordinators to facilitate recruitment activities. The ideal candidate will be creative, resourceful, energetic, forward thinking, independent, and self-motivated, have excellent communication skills and be comfortable engaging with community members at all levels. They will take the lead in creating buzz and driving volunteer engagement and retention with the All of UsResearch Program, working closely with internal and external constituents to achieve participation goals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and document effective outreach, engagement, and retention strategies, including leading and participating in clinic-based and community meetings, workgroups and advisory committees.
- Develop and lead activities with potential participants to promote engagement and interest in the program.
- Develop and lead retention activities with enrolled participants in the program.
- Recommend and implement specific events and activities designed to meet challenges of diverse internal and external audiences with varying levels of information requirements and interests.
- Conduct patient education sessions to engage potential participants and follow-up with prospects and participants of the program.
- Identify and employ diverse marketing channels, including websites, digital and traditional media, to facilitate community outreach in collaboration with Communications team.
- Assist patients with all steps of the enrollment process- provide a thorough understanding of the study and answer all questions, obtain informed consent, administer surveys and record data
- Create internal work plans, dashboards and reports as required, and maintain a detailed database of participants and prospects, including contact information for digital e-blast distribution.
- Evaluate effectiveness of information and engagement activities and recommend changes as warranted.
- Participate in program required meetings led by the NIH, MITRE and other FQHCs
- Collaborate and work effectively with members of the CHCI All of Us Research Program team and National partners
QUALITFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Highly outgoing, friendly, enthusiastic, and energetic
- Ability to document and track progress towards goals for engagement and retention
- Ability to create written documents to serve as a record of the approach to, outcomes of, and strategies behind engagement and retention efforts
- Proven ability to be flexible, and to adapt and work in a fast-moving environment
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Ability to travel locally and out of state as needed
- Health care experience helpful but not required
- Experience in event marketing, brand promotion or volunteer recruitment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit for extended periods while working at a computer
- Must be able to carry laptop and recruitment materials as part of recruitment activities
- Must be able to independently travel to health center satellites and participate in recruitment events in the community independently (Eastern or Western Region)
WORK SCHEDULE DEMANDS
- Occasional mornings, evenings and weekends as needed.
Apply at chc1.com