Your advisors are always here to help, support, and guide you, but this is YOUR journey. How can we help you get where you want to go?
Start by getting an understanding of how our 360 Advising process works and then get more familiar with the 360 Navigator tool below.
Watch our Q&A session to learn more about the career development process, services and opportunities!
This will give you a starting point to understand the process and the milestones we hope you can achieve throughout your academic career as you engage in exploration, preparation, and eventually a launch out into the professional world. Remember, these are not requirements for specific years; they are estimates, and everyone progresses in different ways, and at different speeds. It’s not about being ahead or behind; it’s about following the process and being ready to launch before you leave.
Exploration is an ongoing process. You will need to engage in exploration and self-reflection throughout the career development process!
- Start by getting to know yourself and your options! Use our career assessment tools to start to consider which academic and career path might best fit your goals.
- Develop your Personal Advisory Board to help you think through big decisions and thoughtfully consider different perspectives.
- Explore your academic options and how they relate to your future career choices and opportunities.
- Check out our Student Stories to see how some of our current students are using their time here!
- As you prepare to build experience through internships and other forms of experiential learning, explore your options before diving in. Consider reaching out to our alumni using Bobcat Connect to ask about their experiences and get valuable advice.
- As your college career is nearing conclusion, continue your exploration focused on suitable employment options, graduate or professional school choices, or other post-graduate opportunities.
As your exploration leads you to a path, spend time preparing to be successful!
- Start from where you are! Use the 360 Navigator to figure out what steps to take next…then get started!
- Begin to build transferable skills and leadership by participating in campus activities.
- Search our Career Resources for guides and tools to create/improve a resume, create a cover letter, and prepare for interviews.
- Then prepare for an employment search and deepen your experience through internships and experiential learning.
- Begin to research options for graduate or professional school if you plan to continue your education.
- Participate in the next alumni panel/networking reception for your major to learn more about how to quickly build real world connections. You can also connect in real time with our alumni flash mentoring and networking tool, Bobcat Connect
Put all your exploration, hard work, and preparation into action!
- About to graduate and thinking about your first full-time job? Begin the process of finding employment.
- Planning to continue your education? We can help with graduate school research and planning. Make an appointment to have your personal statement reviewed or to discuss the application process.
- Thinking about a gap year? Take the time to consider all your options carefully.
- Thinking about life after college in general and how to begin adulting? Read this.
CAREER MANAGEMENT (ALUMNI)
You are a Bobcat for life…and that means your access to us never stops! You will always have a contact at Quinnipiac to assist you with your career needs.
GRADUATE OR PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL
Pursuing an advanced degree is a big decision!
Check out our resources to better understand the considerations and next steps.
Interested in law or one of the health professions?Connect with our dedicated advisors in these areas:
POST-GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS AND FELLOWSHIPS
Interested in pursuing a prestigious international fellowship such as a Fulbright, Marshall, Truman, or Rhodes?
STARTING A BUSINESS / FREELANCING
Freelancing/entrepreneurship has become an increasingly popular option over the last decade and is predicted to increase even more over the next decade.
Think it might be right for you?
Let us help you find the right talent for your organization!
Students in the College of Arts and Sciences are self-directed, curious and motivated. In short, they take charge. They actively pursue their passions while completing their education, and seek to engage in internships, experiential learning, and professional development as early as possible.
Our CAS graduates experience great success after graduation!
A Great Career Opportunity for Tech-Oriented Seniors
CTNext, the State of Connecticut’s resource for startups, early-stage companies and innovation-based businesses, is currently in search of students interested in retaining full-time, career-track employment in tech-based industries upon graduation in 2022.
You may have missed it live, but you don’t have to miss it completely!
Disney College Program – open to current students and recent alumni
Discover a unique living and working environment with participants from all over the world. This program allows you to gain on-the-job experience with a world-renowned company, providing uniquely Disney …
Trying to break into a sustainability job? Think about ALL the possibilities! Here’s a good graphic to get a feel for the wide range of options available to you:
Tune in to the Environmental Defense Fund’s new miniseries Land a Green …
Camden Boyd knew it all sounded too good to be true—but he really wanted that job as a work-from-home customer service representative, making $25 an hour.
Boyd, 19, was invited to interview for the position via chat on Google Hangouts. …