Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and growth.
About Ankura: Ankura is a specialized global expert services firm defined by HOW we solve challenges. Whether a client is facing an immediate business challenge, trying to increase the value of their company or protect against future risks, Ankura designs, develops, and executes tailored solutions by assembling the right combination of expertise. We build on this experience with every case, client, and situation, collaborating to create innovative, customized solutions, and strategies designed for today’s ever‐changing business environment. This gives our clients unparalleled insight and experience across a wide range of economic, governance, and regulatory challenges. At Ankura, we know that collaboration drives results.
Position Summary: Ankura’s valuation professionals are exposed to a wide variety of clients, industries, and projects. We have a collaborative work environment, which fosters continuing on the job training. On a daily basis, you will be using your knowledge, skills and analyses to answer questions that are critical to our clients.
Associates are key team contributors to diverse client engagements including tasks such as: financial statement analysis, conducting information gathering/due diligence, developing financial and valuation models, performing market and industry research, and constructing thorough and concise narrative reports. They are responsible for ensuring the highest quality work in the creation of client deliverables with a proactive, problem-solving mindset.
We are looking for inquisitive and hard-working team players who enjoy challenging project work. Candidates who have demonstrated the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, successfully handle multiple tasks, and effectively work as part of a team are preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will include financial analysis and modeling, business analysis, industry research and analysis, and report writing. The individual will utilize standard valuation methodologies, including the income, market, and cost approaches to derive supportable valuation opinions. Individuals will also assist with proposal writing, presentation preparation, and participate in thought leadership initiatives. Must be able to work with a team and complete multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Basic Qualifications, Skills, and Characteristics:
- 0-1+ years of direct experience with valuation or corporate finance engagements in a consulting environment or relevant coursework.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree with an expected graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024 required. Emphasis in Economics, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Progress towards achievement of ASA, CVA, CPA, and/or CFA designation is a plus.
- Familiarity with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, or other research databases is a plus.
- Capability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong business presence.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to varying client demands.
- Ability to understand key financial, economic, and accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Superior, demonstrable knowledge of MS Office (MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint)
- Frequent computer use at workstation for an extended period of time.
- Frequent conference calls and in-person meetings (<10% travel).
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
Practice Summary: Informed business decisions require independent, insightful and thorough analyses of financial and operational risks. Transaction Advisory Services (“TAS”) Practice has extensive experience advising clients on critical valuation, transaction advisory, due diligence and risk management issues. Our expertise cuts across all major industries and business functions. Typical purposes include regulatory compliance, mergers/acquisition support, strategic planning, transaction planning, financial reporting, tax compliance, and litigation/dispute support.
Ankura is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters, if you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, submit an online application, or participate in an interview/assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free +1.312-583-2122. This email and phone number are created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues unrelated to a disability, will not receive a response.