The Newell Brands Procurement Center of Excellence is tasked with driving five keys areas across Newell Brands Procurement Spend. These five areas are: Project Management Office, Procurement Analytics, Procurement Execution (P2P), Supplier Development, and Capability Building. The COE is focused on developing process and structure to maximize the delivery of value to the Business across Newell’s diverse portfolio of brands. The COE serves as a talent pipeline/feeder for category teams, exposing members to a variety of categories and product lines, while building fundamental skills needed for career development opportunities.
As part of the Procurement Center of Excellence, the Procurement Analyst will be responsible for providing support for strategic procurement activities, including spend analysis, detailed savings analysis, and RFI/P/Q development and execution across all areas of Procurement (Direct Materials, Sourced Finished Goods, Indirect Services, Logistics/Transportation). The Procurement Analyst will assist in information gathering, data consolidation, and data cleansing activities. In addition to detailed activities, the Procurement Analyst will be responsible for supporting the macro level analysis of procurement related activities at a companywide level.
• Supports members of the Procurement COE and Category Sourcing to define requirements, scope analysis and reporting specifications, set reporting cadence, and establish data management plans
• Develop a deep level of understanding of the data under analysis, focusing on ensuring the right balance of accuracy and completeness with timely delivery of required information
• Learn and effectively utilize the Newell Sourcing Process
• Support RFI/P/Q execution including post-activity reporting and analysis
• Actively participate in project reviews and status updates, demonstrating a deep level of understanding around assigned projects
• Learn to navigate seamlessly throughout the organization during data gathering and analysis activities, fostering relationships with partners throughout the business to support data requirements
• Develops an understanding around business requirements and solutions to service those business requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, science, mathematics or related field required
• Demonstrates effective problem-solving, project management, and analytical skills
• Demonstrates basic business financial knowledge
• Demonstrates expertise in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Power BI)
• Demonstrates ability to manage constructive and cooperative working relationships, often without introduction
• Experience leveraging analytical ability to drive and influence business decisions
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
• Demonstrates self-confidence and integrity in challenging work environment
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.