Project Purple is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to raising awareness and funds towards a cure for pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer is the second most common cause of cancer related deaths in the United States and has a five year survival rate of less than 10 percent. Project Purple strives to help families financially while they are battling this disease as well as provide funds for medical centers to conduct critical research. We host numerous events throughout the year to raise monies that make this all possible. Are you ready to join a team that pays it forward and make a difference?
Where: our home office is located in Seymour, CT (no remote work)
When: we work around your class schedule per semester but ideally would like someone here approx. 20hrs per week
Start Date: asap
Compensation: depends on experience (none $0 or min. wage $12 to start) will be discussed at later date
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Ideal Intern will have:
- an interest in graphic design, digital branding/marketing, and related fields
- experience with Adobe Design Suite
- positive attitude
Selected intern will be able to gain experience in a number of areas including, but not limited to:
- National Brand Management
- Digital Marketing
- Nonprofit Business
- Nonprofit Marketing
Students will work directly under the CEO to bring idea’s to life in helping promote monthly events. Outside of everyday projects the intern will be tasked with a unique projects in which they can own, design, and implement themselves. Some example of past projects include social media campaigns, online store design and maintenance, back drop design, data collection with info-graphic design and product design. The goal is for each intern to gain experience which will aid them in finding work in their chosen field.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send all of the following to me at Marci@projectpurple.org
- cover letter
- portfolio – a small collection of pieces (2-4) you’ve created either for classes, previous internships/jobs, or for personal projects. These can be anything from marketing material design, to info-graphics, to logo design, and so on. Feel free to include examples of things you’ve made for fun, such as t-shirt designs, posters, drawings, prints, and so on.
- Zip file or PDF
- Please keep under 20MB
- Files may be compressed to keep under the size limit – we just want to get an idea of what you can do.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to hearing from you!