SCI AmeriCorps Member Service Position 2023-2024 Community Engagement Coordinator
The SCI AmeriCorps program supports youth success by connecting young people with the relationships, experiences, and resources they need to succeed. Members implement capacity building activities that increase volunteer participation, and provide leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. Since 2007, SCI AmeriCorps Members have served at various host sites in the Greater Boston area that are aligned with the mission of Social Capital Inc. (SCI).
SCI AmeriCorps is currently looking for candidates to fill positions for a 1700-hour service term (approximately 40 hours/week) from late August 2023 through June 2024.
Standard AmeriCorps Member Benefits
- Receive a Taxable Stipend of up to $24,000/year, paid bi-weekly
- Earn a Federal Education Award worth about $6,800 upon successful completion of service
- Eligible for Health Care at a no cost premium
- Can receive Student Loan Forbearance during active service
Exclusive SCI AmeriCorps Member Benefits
- SCI Developing Leaders Program – comprehensive professional development in partnership with Merrimack College covering Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Youth Development, Volunteer Management, Community Outreach, and more!
- Free Enrollment in a Community Engagement course taught by Merrimack College faculty with the option to receive undergraduate or graduate academic credit!
- Free Access to Merrimack College campus resources via Merrimack Student ID!
- Free MBTA Link Pass during your service term provided by SCI AmeriCorps!
HOST SITE OPPORTUNITY ~ Social Capital Inc. ~ Woburn, MA
Social Capital Inc.’s mission is to strengthen communities by connecting diverse individuals and organizations through civic engagement initiatives. www.socialcapitalinc.org.
At Social Capital Inc., the SCI AmeriCorps Member will need to (essential):
- Recruit, engage, and manage volunteers for annual volunteer events (e.g. SCI Woburn Volunteers for Seniors, Youth Grant Pitch Contest, Juneteenth Celebration, etc.)
- Engage and support youth for yearlong Leaders for an Equitable Tomorrow (LET) teen internship program and annual Youth Grant Pitch Contest, both of which have a youth mental health focus
- Support ongoing development of community partnerships with local stakeholders
- Assist with SCI Woburn social and online media to promote engagement in local events and programs
All SCI AmeriCorps Members will need to (essential):
- Commit to full-term service in local communities with diverse residents
- Serve in-person for some or all service activities
- Participate fully in all SCI AmeriCorps orientations and trainings
- Complete a Social Capital Youth Project for host site partner youth enrichment programming
Submit your application through the form at bit.ly/servewithsci. Please contact our Program Director with any questions at email@example.com.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided as needed for applications, interviews and service. If you need an accommodation, please contact our Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCI AmeriCorps prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment based on of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, pregnancy, genetic information, military service/veteran status, political affiliation, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.