SCI AmeriCorps Member Service Position 2023-2024
Community Engagement Coordinator
The SCI AmeriCorps program supports youth success by connecting young people with the relationships, experiences, and resources they need to succeed. Members implement capacity building activities that increase volunteer participation, and provide leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. Since 2007, SCI AmeriCorps Members have served at various host sites in the Greater Boston area that are aligned with the mission of Social Capital Inc. (SCI).
SCI AmeriCorps is currently looking for candidates to fill positions for a 1700-hour service term (approximately 40 hours/week) from late August 2023 through June 2024. In addition to supporting the capacity building of the host site, the goal is to empower youth to positively impact their communities and build their social capital through collaboration with peers and adults while developing leadership skills.
HOST SITE OPPORTUNITY ~ YMCA of Greater Boston ~ Boston, MA
The YMCA of Greater Boston is dedicated to improving the health of mind, body, and spirit of individuals and families in our communities; providing welcoming, belonging, and opportunity for all. ymcaboston.org.
At the YMCA of Greater Boston, the SCI AmeriCorps Member will need to (essential):
- Commit to Full-Time service in local communities with diverse residents
- Serve in-person for some or all service activities
- Participate fully in all SCI AmeriCorps orientations and trainings
- Design, develop and execute corporate volunteer engagement offerings that further the missionof the YMCA of Greater Boston working closely with local YMCA branch staff members
- Help grow both the number of companies participating in volunteer projects at the YMCA ofGreater Boston and number of overall volunteers
- Write social media posts, project reports and other communications for internal and external distribution that document results and the impact of corporate volunteer projects
- Research, curate and promote best practices in implementing volunteer programs (internally and across the sector) and prepare data driven recommendations to inform our work
- Help the Teen and Y Achievers Directors with their youth programming and teen advising
- Have effective research and communication skills (written and verbal) to conduct community outreach
- Have a strong work ethic with collaboration and time management skills
- Complete a Social Capital Youth Project for YMCA of Greater Boston’s youth enrichment programming
In addition, the YMCA of Greater Boston would prefer the SCI AmeriCorps Member (marginal):
- Be willing to learn about the mission of the YMCA and portray that through their work
- Be comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Be able to take initiative to achieve goals
- Have prior experience event planning and/or creating systems
- Be familiar with social media, Google Suite, Microsoft Office
- Have strong organizational, problem-solving, project management and multi-tasking skills
- Receive a Taxable Stipend up to $23,000/year, paid bi-weekly
- Earn a Federal Education Award worth up to $6,895 upon successful completion of service 1
- 40-hour SCI Member Training Program: professional development training in Volunteer Management, Building Social Capital, Community Outreach, Youth Development, Project Management, and DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Eligible for Free Healthcare at a no-cost premium
- Can receive Student Loan Forbearance during active service
Submit your application through the form at bit.ly/servewithsci. Please contact our Program Director with any questions at email@example.com.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided as needed for applications, interviews and service. If you need an accommodation, please contact our Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCI AmeriCorps prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment based on of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, pregnancy, genetic information, military service/veteran status, political affiliation, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.