Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health/GSAS PhD Program in Biological Sciences Admissions Information
PhD Program in Biological Sciences in Public Health (BPH) at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. BPH trains students in individual fields of biological research with a focus on understanding, preventing and treating diseases affecting large populations.
Major Areas of Investigation include:
- The Metabolic Basis of Health and Disease
- Immunology and Infectious Diseases
- Gene-Environment Interactions
- Inflammation and Stress Responses
All of these areas are studied with an emphasis on biochemical, cell biological and genetic approaches to delineating disease mechanisms. Moreover, students obtain a broad interdisciplinary knowledge of both mechanistic and quantitative approaches to biomedical research.
All students admitted into this highly competitive training program are provided full tuition, health insurance and stipend support. Our graduates have pursued successful careers in academia, industry, government, consulting, community health and more, and presently hold distinguished positions in each of these arenas. The application deadline for the 2018-19 Academic Year is December 1, 2017. More information can be found on our website: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/biological-sciences/
The BPH Program is participating in the following Fall 2017 recruitment events; please feel free to join us:
BPH Virtual Open Houses (Webinars):
- Wednesday, October 11, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Eastern Time) RSVP Here
- Tuesday, November 14, 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Eastern time) RSVP Here
Harvard Chan School Fall Prospective Student Information Session
- Monday, October 16 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. RSVP here
- Saturday, October 28 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. RSVP here
BPH Attendance at National Conferences:
- Thursday, October 19 – Saturday, October 21, 2017
National Diversity in STEM (SACNAS) Conference, Salt Lake City, UT
- Wednesday, November 1 – to Saturday, November 4, 2017
ABRCMS Conference, Phoenix, AZ
- Saturday, November 4 – Wednesday, November 8, 2017
American Public Health Association (APHA) Conference, Atlanta, GA
For additional information about the BPH PhD and Summer Intern Program, please contact our Program Coordinator, Tom Brazda, at email@example.com or 617-432-7703.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Brendan D. Manning, Ph.D.