We are delighted to be offering Spanish for Healthcare with travel to Chile in July 2023 (see attached flyer below). This course will be asynchronous and online except for the travel component.
- This course is designed to introduce the non-native Spanish-speaking student to basic vocabulary, phrases, and cultural considerations necessary to communicate effectively with Spanish speakers in a clinical setting. The course will prepare students to perform daily activities and tasks such as collecting and assessing a medical history, assessing health risks, and making appointments with Spanish-speaking patients. No science or health science background is required. Additionally, there is no language prerequisite, but students may find prior language learning experience useful. Students wishing to acquire general conversational skills or fluency in Spanish should enroll in traditional Spanish language classes.
- Travel component: Students will have the opportunity to experience the rich culture and history of Chile while combining visits to different Health sites, both private and public and learn Spanish. Through activities specially designed for Quinnipiac University students and faculty, participants will have the unique opportunity to gain a holistic view of Chile’s healthcare system and how Chileans access healthcare services in different settings. Students will have the opportunity to live with host families and engage in meetings with Chilean university students to practice their Spanish.
- Experience the rich culture and history of Chile
- Gain a holistic view of Chile’s healthcare system and how Chileans access healthcare services in different settings
- Live with host families and engage with Chilean university students to practice Spanish
- No science or health science background is required
- There is no language prerequisite, but students may find prior language learning experience useful
SP105: Spanish for Healthcare with travel to Santiago, Chile
Travel dates: July 14-23, 2023
Cost: $3,500 + 3 credits of summer tuition
Application deadline: March 15, 2023
Summer II course (July 11- August 5) with travel from July 14-23 (online and asynchronous)
You may learn more about the program by watching this short video: MED860 Santiago, Chile Info Session .mp4
Additional information about the program here: https://educationabroad.qu.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgramAngular&id=46321
For questions about this amazing opportunity, please reach out to: email@example.com