Carly Stempel, Gerontology, Class of 2024

At Quinnipiac University, the Gerontology program offers an immersive and engaging educational experience for students like me who are passionate about the study of aging. As a Gerontology major with a minor in biology, I have found the program to be both comprehensive and interdisciplinary, providing a holistic understanding of aging from biological, psychological, and social perspectives.

One of the standout features of Quinnipiac’s Gerontology program is its emphasis on experiential learning and internships. For instance, I have had the opportunity to intern as an activities intern within a memory care unit at an assisted living facility. These hands-on experiences have been invaluable in bridging the gap between theory and practice, allowing me to apply theoretical knowledge to real-world scenarios and develop essential skills in providing personalized care and meaningful engagement for older adults with cognitive impairments. Additionally, Quinnipiac’s Gerontology program offers a diverse range of career pathways and opportunities across various industries related to aging services, including healthcare administration, research, advocacy, and direct care provision. This comprehensive approach has equipped me with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel within my chosen field and has prepared me for a rewarding career in aging services.

Overall, Quinnipiac University’s Gerontology program has provided me with a solid foundation for pursuing my passion and making a positive impact in the field of aging services.

By CAS360
CAS360