Department Chairs and Program Directors

Deborah Clark

Professor of Biology, Chair, Department of Biological Sciences

About

I am the chair of the Department of Biological Sciences. I was previously the Academic Coordinator of Experiential Learning in the Department of Biological Sciences at Quinnipiac University and the Director of the Collaborative for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (2006-2013), now known as the Center for Teaching and Learning.  My formal training is as a biochemist and cell biologist, and my teaching focuses at the molecular and cellular level.

Education

B.A. Williams College, Williamstown, MA (Biology); Ph.D. 1989 Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY (Biochemistry); Postdoc Yale University 1988-1991 (Department of Human Genetics)

Courses Taught

Bio101/101L General Biology I; Bio102/102L General Biology II; Bio211 Anatomy and Physiology I; Bio212/212L Anatomy and Physiology II; Bi298 Research Seminar in Biology; Bio298 Research Methods in Biology; Bio346/346L Cell Physiology; Bio385 Experiential Inquiry in Biology; Bio515 Advanced Biochemistry; Bio560 Protein Biochemistry and Enzymology; QU101 Individual in the Community

Teaching and Mentoring Goals

In all my courses, as well as in my mentoring of biology majors, I strive to engage with students on a personal and professional level, serve as a resource and role model, and motivate students to find their passion and potential while at Quinnipiac University.  My courses are designed to help students develop strong skills in critical thinking, scientific literacy and written communication, as well as quantitative reasoning and visual literacy, particularly using Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.  I hope to convey my love of science as well as teaching and mentoring every day!

Specialties and Interests

Biochemistry, Cell Biology

Contact

Phone Number
203-582-8270
Location
Tator Hall 119E