Rebecca Pistilli, Sociology & Anthropology Minor, Class of 2017

I graduated Quinnipiac University in May 2017 with my Bachelors Degree as a Sociology major and Anthropology minor. My experience at Quinnipiac was extraordinary and the staff and faculty within the College of Arts and Sciences, especially in the department of Sociology, Criminal Justice and Anthropology were instrumental to my success. Coming in as a freshman Biology major, I quickly found myself struggling with the transition into the college lifestyle. After my first year, I was placed on academic probation and in danger of failing out of school. Just when I was about to tell myself that I was just not a “college person”, I took my first Sociology class – and the rest is history. From then on, in courses in sociology, gerontology, criminal justice or anthropology, I found my niche.

Thanks to the faculty, professors and staff at QU, I was able to excel far past what I thought I could ever achieve. I was able to graduate in 4 years and continue my post-graduate experience with a passion that started at Quinnipiac. I am currently at Montclair State University pursing a Masters Degree in Educational Leadership, with a concentration in Higher Education. At Montclair, I work as a Graduate Assistant advising students within our college, College of Education and Human Services, as well as a Research Assistant to a professor within our program. I am expected to graduate in May of 2020, after which I am looking to pursue a Doctoral Degree in Sociology and become a professor and researcher.

By Anna Brogan
Anna Brogan Director of Client Success